- 50g butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 100g shitake mushrooms, chopped
- 300g Arborio risotto rice
- 200ml white wine
- 500ml mushroom or vegetable stock
- 16 Isle of Man Queen Scallops, seasoned
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 50g mixed wild mushrooms
- 1 small courgette, finely sliced
- 220g Gorgonzola piccante
- zest of ½ lemon
- salt and cracked black pepper
Melt butter in a pan and sweat onion and garlic until soft. Add shitake mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes.
Add rice and stir until grains turn translucent. Stir in wine. Slowly add stock, stirring continuously.
In a separate pan, fry scallops in oil for 1-2 minutes a side until cooked through. Add mushrooms and courgette for 2 minutes until crisp. Keep warm.
Stir 180g Gorgonzola and lemon zest through the risotto. Season and serve with scallops, courgette, wild mushrooms and Gorgonzola.