Milk-fed veal filet with mousse of spicy gorgonzola, melon and basil
Chef Roberto Iemi
“De Gustibus Italiae” Restaurant
Ingredients for 4 people
- 640 g of milk-fed veal fillet
- 40 g of butter
- basil leaves fried in oil
- 200 g of potatoes peeled and cut into julienne
- 50 g of slivers of almonds
- 50 ml of virgin olive oil
- 8 slim slices of melon
- 120 g of spicy Gorgonzola
- 40 g of whipped cream
- 40 g of mascarpone cheese
Cut the fillet into 8 medallions of 80 g each.
Brown the meat with butter, salt and pepper; make it rest.
Mix potatoes with almonds, salt, divide them into 8 portions, give them a square shape and fry them in a pot on low heat.
For the mousse, put the Gorgonzola in a container and mount it with mascarpone cheese and whipped cream. With the compound prepare 8 quenelle.
Put into the plate: place the potato nests on both sides of the plate, lay carefully the meat on the potatoes, and then add the mousse and the fried basil leaves. Make a rose with melon slices between the two medallions.