- 200 g (7 oz) of mild Gorgonzola
- 1 rabbit (1 kg (2 ½ lbm)) cut into pieces
- 500 g (1 1/9 lbm) of Pachino tomatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 50 cl (1/5 cup) of white wine
- 4 tbs of oil
- 20 cl (1 1/3 cup) of cream
- salt and pepper as required
Heat the oil in a large saucepan. When the oil is very hot, add the garlic and the rabbit pieces, sauté them on all sides for some minutes. Pour the wine into the saucepan and simmer.
Add the rosemary and the pieces of tomatoes, season to taste and cook for another hour covered over a low heat. 15 minutes before the end of cooking of the rabbit, pour the cream into a pan with the Gorgonzola and cook over a low heat for 10 minutes.
Season with pepper. Put the rabbit into a dish, cover it with the Gorgonzola sauce and serve it.
TIME OF PREPARATION: 10 minutes
COOKING TIME: 1 hour and 20 minutes
PAIRED WINE: Cirò Rosso