Serves 2 – 4
Date and Apple Chutney:
- 2 cloves
- 1 allspice berry
- 100ml cider vinegar
- 300g Bramley apples, chopped
- 50g dates, chopped (preferably fresh)
- 50g dark brown sugar
- 100g Gorgonzola piccante, sliced
- 100g Gorgonzola dolce, sliced
- 100g West Country Farmhouse Cheddar, sliced
- 100g Parmigiano Reggiano, chunked
- black pepper crackers
Place chutney ingredients in a heavy based pan, stir and bring to the boil.
Simmer for 20-25 minutes, stirring until nearly all the liquid has reduced.
Cool and chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour. Put cheese on a board and serve with chutney, crackers and grissini